What Should You Do If You Think Your Pet Ingested A Poison?

by admin on October 23, 2012

 This is always a worry for all animal lovers.  What should you do if you think your pet has ingested a poison?  Here a quick tip to help you out.

There are resources available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Symptoms of poison can be vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy to name a few.

The ASPCA has a 24 hour hot line that you can call 1-888-426-4435.  They have vets on call there to help you out.  Don’t wait it out.  This is an excellent resource to have at your finger tips.  Also your own personal vet might have a 24 hour on call hotline.

The ASPCA has a special division set up for these types of issues: Animal Poison Control Center.  They can quickly aid you and equip you with answers you will need and how to proceed.  Their staff is licensed and knowledgeable.  They  cover a wide variety of  pets, not only dogs and cats.

If you feel you pet ingested a toxin, call them. Keep their number handy, so you’re prepared.  Be organized with your call.  Explain, clearly the issues and what you think your pet swallowed.

ANIMAL POISION CONTROL CENTER 

888-426-4435. Fees maybe charged.

I hope this quick tid bit helps.

Hugs and Licks!

Follow me on facebook: Alanna aka the Dog Buddha.  And sign up for my blog, it’s easy.  Find my photo and just follow the prompts.  Until next time.

Share your thoughts with our Community!

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: